The 2019 swim test is at St. Catharines Kiwanis pool. Some Secondary Schools (SS) may book at an alternate location (please check with your child's SS for this information and the scheduled time of the swim test).
ST.CATHARINES ROWING CLUB HIGH SCHOOL SWIM TEST PROTOCOL
All student athletes must complete the swim test annually unless they can provide certification of Bronze Medallion or higher. Inability to pass the swim test will result in the student/athlete being ineligible to row. It is the responsibility of the student/athlete to obtain their own swim test if unable to attend the provided test date/time.
Each athlete will prepare for the test by wearing: Shorts (bathing suit) T-shirt Socks Sweat Pants Sweat Shirt
Each athlete will complete all of the following steps:
1. Check in with the organizer to ensure you are recorded as present.
2. Wearing the listed clothing, have a quick shower to make sure you are completely wet.
3. On direction from the organizer, enter the pool by sitting sideways to the pool and roll into the deep end of the pool.
4. Tread water for four minutes without touching the bottom, side walls or another person in the water.
5. After successfully treading water for four minutes, complete 4 lengths of the pool swimming any stroke continuously ending up back in the deep end.
6. Successfully put on a personal floatation device (PFD).
7. Remove the PFD, swim to the shallow end and exit the pool.
8. Check in with the organizer to ensure you are recorded as passing the test.